When you are preparing to apply Canada visa, please pay attention to below notes.
1. Check the current validity of your passport.
All travelers will need a passport valid for at least 90 days following your departure date from Canada. However, we strongly recommend traveling with 6 months validity on your passport at all times. VisaHQ can assist U.S. citizens with a full range of expedited passport services, including new passport application and passport renewal.
2. Make sure your passport has blank Visa pages.
Most destinations, including Canada, require that you have adequate un-used pages in your passport, allowing for any necessary stamps upon arrival and departure. We recommend that you have at least two free pages in Visas section of your passport before any international travel.
3. Make sure if you need separate transit visa.
Check with your airline in case you have connecting flights overseas as part of your journey to Canada. It may be the case that countries you pass through en route to your destination may require a separate transit visa. Please refer to visa requirements of the specific country.
For most attendees, it is easier to apply for a Tourist ("L") visa; an invitation letter is NOT required for obtaining a Tourist visa.
For more information, please check with Canada embassy in your country or visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp
1. The invitation letter will be issued after the successful registration.
2. Your name must be listed exactly as it appears on your passport. Any differences between the name on your passport and the name on your invitation letter or other documentation could lead to a delay and/or denial of your visa.
3. Please note ICEME Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference are not authorized to assist with the VISA process beyond providing the Notification of Invitation Letter issued by ICEME Conferences and conference Committee Board. Should your application be denied, ICEME Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference cannot change the decision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, nor will ICEME Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference engage in discussion or correspondence with the MOFA or the Embassy on behalf of the applicant. The registration fee cannot be refunded when the VISA application of individual being denied.
4. It takes around one month for the Embassy to process the VISA application, please register as early as you can to make sure you have enough time.